Sundays episode featured Bryan Bedford, CEO of Frontier Airlines. Frontier is the overall brand of Frontier, Midwest Airlines and Republic Airlines. Midwest at one time being an excellent airline to fly.
The Undercover Boss (UB) series has become very predictable….featuring employees that are good employees and yet have a personal issue that they confront. At the end of the show, the CEO reveals who he is and offers, often monetary solutions, to each of the featured employees.
From a business aspect here are key points:
- Customer service creates loyalty
- Frontier is developing a “brand promise”
- Being better and different….differientiates Frontier
- Best management is MBWA (management by walking around)
- What is the impact of UB….6 months….12 months from now?
- Why don’t the other high level people do the same thing?
- Can Frontier position itself as a viable airline?