- Santa’s Wreath Company – A small company in northern Wisconsin with no telephone listing or website makes 25,ooo Christmas wreaths in a few short months.
- Simple is Better – Our neighbor had some extensive remodeling on his home. To complete the project he had Leaf-Guards installed on his gutters. Consumers Report (Sept.2010) had an article comparing the expensive Leaf Guards vs inexpensive gutter screens. Their recommendation the simple gutter screens….at .30 /ft vs. $25/ft.
- “Thanks for the advice” – Received this comment from a reader of a January post (01.02.10). It’s always about doing things better.
- Economic Gardening (EG) – Chris Gibbons from Littleton Co. has been a long time advocate for the concept of Economic Gardening….essentially helping small businesses become larger and better. EG is the foundation for economic sustainabilty….my opinion.
- Hancock Gourmet Lobster – A food business built around the strengths of its origins….make a good product….market and develop it to a strong customer base.