This is catalog/mail order season. I continue to receive….and enjoy catalogs. Lands End….LLBean….Ikea are regulars. Others have to be requested.
The story of catalogs is often the story of unique businesses. Here is a recent list of late:
- Duluth Trading Co. – Rugged workware, tools, gadgets -Mt.Horeb, WI www.duluthtrading.com
- Zingerman’s specialty foods – Ann Arbor, MI www.zingermans.com
- Lee Valley – Specialty tools & hardware – Ogdensburg, NY www.leevalley.com
- Mustard Museum – Specialty mustards – Middleton,WI www.mustardmuseum.com
- Sunnyland Farms- Pecans plain & fancy – Albany, GA www.sunnylandfarms.com
- Southern Supreme – Gourmet specialities – Bear Creek, NC www.southernsupreme.com
- C. Crane – Specialty radios – Fortuna, CA www.ccrane.com
- Orientspiration – Asian Gifts & Teas – Raleigh, NC www.orientspiration *
Most of these companies have modest locations….yet they have developed successful mail order/internet businesses. Its easy to buy a book from Amazon….but nothing beats a print specialty catalog….especially for these unusal products.
* I do have a family member in this business.