A follow-on to the 01.20.14 Steelcase post….”5 things to know” and my perspective:
- Business books – There are business books that have had great impact – Those from Peter Drucker….Tom Peters….Jim Collins are all worthwhile. Learning is a constant from business to non-business.
- Apple iPhone HQ: All Steelcase office systems is a nice accomplishment.
- Often companies must ask what are they really selling….team spaces for creativity vs. workstations to do day-to-day tasks.
- A significant change in the Steelcase strategy – Integrating technology with office systems
- Steelcase is 100 + years old. Peter Wege the founder engineered steel boxes from folding layers of metal.
Successful companies change and adapt to the market place and in some cases create new markets. Businesses can learn especially from a company that has been in existence for over 100 years.