Since 1994 there has been an auto auction in Raleigh….the Raleigh Classic Auto Auction. One important marketing tool is a 14 page color brochure included in the Sunday N&O insert.
While the cars are well photographed….what really stands out is the “copy” describing each automobile. The “copy” is effectively preselling prior to the auction. Some clever examples:
- This is a fresh total restoration
- It is highly optioned
- Correct wide white-wall tires
- This jewel is a rare find
- This car had a rotisserie restoration
- This beauty is 100% mint original
The key to great advertising is great copy…..not wordy….yet enough to peak a buyers interest. The Raleigh Classic Auto Auction does a fine job with finely crafted and descriptive ad copy.