Kimley Horn is headquartered in Cary. Being a professional services firm it is not a high-profile business like some other well-known companies in the RDU area.
Here are several key points from the N&O story:
- Practice builder – Senior professionals have a perpetual green light to pursue any and all business opportunities they deem worthwhile.
- Best place to work – #25 on Fortune’s annual ranking.
- Ownership – The company’s ownership structure has been engineered for longevity….nobody owns more than 6 percent
- Management structure – The firms structure is unconventional with a 13 person management committee.
- VP of Fun – Each of Kimley Horn’s offices has a VP of Fun….responsible for organizaing entertaining office activities.