Unique Business Model
I didn’t grow up on a farm….though my grandparents were farmers. I did visit the farm often and always liked the idyllic farm life (not easy however).
A recent book – “Compact Farms-15 Proven Plans for Market Farms on 5 Acres or Less” explains in detail how these market farms are successful businesses. Here are some keys to a farms success (p.97).
- Be professional
- High emphasis on quality and quality control
- Maintain good relationship with employees and customers
- Focus on high value products
- Understand their markets and concentrate on those that are profitable
- Control expenses and capital investments
These keys apply not only to market farms but to any successful business….and the compelling story is a satisfying business on 5 acres or less.